Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Yay!!...finally the chapter has closed.

Today was a good day. I went to work, and then to a baby shower for a friend I worked with at the hospital. It was so awesome to see former coworkers. I have always loved the Mother Baby floor as a nurse, but doing it full time can be too much. I am a school nurse, and it works well with my kiddo's lives. I hope to work PRN next summer on the Mother Baby unit, if all works out it looks as if I will. My heart will always be in Mother Baby, and on that floor.

I went to the MD yesterday, and it went really well. I love love love my new MD. She is a true heaven sent gift to me. I took her a little gift as a token of appreciation for her kindness through this very difficult time in our lives. We discussed the surgery, and that she did the best she could to get all the placenta out. WE discussed the risk of this happening again, and the answer is unknown. We will probably know more when a new pregnancy happens. It can sometimes only be detected at delivery, but we have a plan if that does happen. Just so glad it wasn't brushed off as no big deal. She did lab work to test my HCG, and she said she didn't expect it to be normal just yet.

I did receive a call from the office, and they had my HCG result, and it was completely down...YAY!! I was so relieved to hear that. If it didn't come down to normal we would have to do a recheck, and if it didn't come down then another surgery would have needed to be done to remove more placental parts. So glad all is for sure back to normal. I hope my next call to the office is to schedule my new OB visit. I just love how faithful the Lord is. He placed exactly who needed to be in my life at the perfect time. She told us we could try as soon as my cycles return. I am now taking my prenatals again...

I can't look back now, it is time to move on....I know that the days ahead are ordered my the Lord. His hand has been on us this entire process, and although I felt alone, he was still there. There is a definite plan for our lives, and I just have to take one step at at time. I surrender this process to the Lord, and believe there is another child that is to be gifted to us. I do long for the child I lost, but I must move forward and hope the future is brighter...:)

No comments: