Monday, March 29, 2010

God's power is amazing!!!

It has been an overwhelming week in many ways, but God's power is amazing. My husband and I are involved in a wonderful church, and we finally feel settled. We were involved in a life or death drama Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and then again on Sunday night called "Choices". We had a packed house everynight, and had a total of 114 people come to know the Lord. It is such an overwhelming feeling to think we had a hand in such an awesome evangelistic movement.
I have learned from the Lord to take seasons as they come, and enjoy every moment. In the middle of us doing the drama, our son had to be on the ballfield. I also learned to let go of some control, and allow someone else to take him to the games (this was a challenge for me). I was pleasantly surprised, we all survived, and I am still considered a good mom to my son..lol. I have got to learn that things are going to happen, and I cannot do it all...and be all to everyone. I am so proud of my kids. They were put to bed late every night last week, and still managed to make great grades. This time of year always presents challenges for ones who like routine. The laundry is overflowing, and even if it is clean, everyone picks their clothes out for the next day out of a basket.
I struggle with such simple things, but next to eternity they are nothing. Nothing compares to 114 souls being led to the Lord. I am learning to take everything in stride, and the path we think is going one way to us, is a total different direction to the Lord. I am learning, slowly, but surely, I am learning. Thanking God for his amazing grace!!!