Monday, March 1, 2010

Morning for my Mourning

Whew has it been a season!! This week has started off pretty sad. Lloyd and I had to take our precious little dog this morning to have her put to sleep. She became violently ill on Friday night, and was unable to recover. Good grief, it is one of the hardest things I have had to do. I have said that a lot over the last year, haven't I? You know life is so full of seasons, and I am so ready for Mourning to be over.
I know My Redeemer lives, and he is concerned with every little aspect of my life.
I know we have to walk through things, but it seems as though I am reaching in the darkness, at times. I know God is right by my side, and loves and upholds me. I will not be shaken, by the tragedy of loss. I will lift up my eyes to the hills, for my help comes from the LORD. He is my provider, healer, my sword, my shield, my rock, and my fortress. I will not turn away from him, the winds may blow and the sea waves rise, but he is still my GOD!!! I know I who I am in him, and I will continue to walk in the abundance of his favor, regardless of my circumstances. I have to keep myself in that place or the enemy will try to destroy me. When I say destroy, I mean keep me in constant turmoil of doubt and brokeness. This is not directly related to losing our dog. It is the brokeness of this year, Of the "losses" we have had. I am learning a lot about myself through all of this. Some of it I like, some of it, I need to improve. God is everlasting and faithful!!! He never changes!!! He is the constant in my whirlwind, I must remain steadfast in him.
I am so ready to put off my mourning clothes, and put on my dancing clothes. I am ready to be free from sadness, and I am free. I know morning is coming, and I am getting dressed for it. I am changing clothes and stepping into new Promise. I will accept no less than God's complete best for my life. I am tired of the thief, the stealer of my joy. I am walking in new light in the name of Jesus. He is my all in all.