Friday, February 5, 2010

It has been 52 days...

Well, I have been doing WW for 52 days now..LOL..I only know this because I have charted it on a graph and it tells me the total days. I have lost a total of 8lbs. Gosh, it seems like it took FOREVER. I don't think of it as a diet though, and that is what helps. I have completely changed my way of eating. Am I tempted to eat a whole bag of cookies and chips, YES!!!! I really have learned what self control is all about. It is stopping, and taking a deep breath and thinking about it before you do it. I know when I have a whole bag of chips in my hand and I want to eat it all, I just go back in my mind to how I felt 2.5 months ago. It is not worth it. I do eat chips, but not so many. I have had Krystal, Long John Silvers, Zaxby's....I pick a restaurant a week where I want to splurge with my flex points.
I look at it as the preparation process in more ways than one. I know that the Lord states in his word that we are to have self-control. I know this means every aspect of our lives. Be it spending money, eating, or any other splurge. We are to have perfect balance. I knew I was out of balance before I started eating better. I am not perfect everyday, but I am making steps to change. I know 8lbs doesn't seem to be a lot, but I am smaller now than I was when I got pregnant with the baby we lost. I am more active. I am able to do 45 mins on the treadmill 5 days a week. I have made it my mission to get my body back to "me" before I try to carry another baby. I feel like it has been such a cleansing process. I have spent the last (almost) 3 months reclaiming "ME". It has helped tremendously for me to refocus on the LORD, my family, and my Physical body.
I can look back over the last few months and I can say that I appreciate the storm. I know who my God is, now more than ever. He has carried me through this dark time, and has been amazing through it all. He has been steadfast beside me through my brokeness and I PRAISE him. Another baby or not, he is still God. He never changes, and he never will. He is my rock and fortress, in whom I can trust. I have learned through the miscarriage that things in life come unexpectedly, but he is there to catch me when I fall. I know that he is the giver and taker of life!! I feel like now that I am on the full mend. I am ready to take on whatever life hands me, but I don't and can't do it alone. I still have days when I miss the baby (as in a previous blog), but I trust God that he has an amazing plan for us.
I crave to be in his presence. I long to meet with him in prayer. It is so awesome to find a place of prayer, and hide with him!!! Psalm 91

No comments: