Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Chore of Standing Still

Ok, So I admit at times in this Christian walk I become very hyper. I mean why can't things "hurry up"..LOL. I know, I know the world doesn't revolve around me, but come on, cut me a break. I think my greatest chore in life is learning to sit still, and wait in the Lord. I am not talking about a baby, but in all aspects of my life. I am a very "have to organize my thoughts and life person." I like to have a plan in place. If I don't have an answer it is like a puzzle piece is missing, and I become anxious. I know what the scripture says, and it says to Be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and fasting bring it to the Lord. OK, that's easy, right....NOT...I have no trouble going in the prayer closet taking out my baggage, opening it up...and removing all of my days issues... When I have my prayer time with the Lord I promise him I will let him handle my issues. Do you know what I am guilty of many times? After I am done praying, I open my bag back up and begin putting those issues right back into the place I removed them from, and I carry them out with me. Now, that is not what I call success.

So I guess my chore this week is to leave the closet with an empty bag. Wow, how can that not be an easy task? Not sure, but I am learning how to do it. I am learning that regardless of my circumstances, I can leave a bag full of "junk" at his feet. The Lord wants my junk. He tells us that "All who are weary and heavy burdened come before him, he will give us rest and will make our yolk easy and our burdens light." You don't build muscle by carrying extra baggage, by the way. What happens is that it becomes so heavy that it begins to break us down, and all we have is our baggage. I am learing in this walk that I am not exempt from these challenges. I am so glad he is with me through it all, and he wants me to rest. Gosh, I love him!!!!

No comments: