Monday, April 20, 2009

The Waiting Process

Gosh, where do I start??? Welp, one thing for sure is I don't wait very well.....I am the type of person, shoot it to me straight, and I will deal with it. I cannot stand to not know what is going on. Impatience steals so much valuable time, but still I struggle with it. God always has the big picture in view, and I don't. It is like a pregnancy....conception is instant, but things have to line up, grow, mature before it can be birthed.

At times, I feel like I have carried a spiritual baby for 900 billion years, and I am ready to birth this baby. God has been so good to me for so many years, and has always been faithful. Why would he change now? The test is, will I trust him no matter what? Will I trust him if things go completely opposite to the way I thought? I can say, absolutely. Will it be easy, nope....but following Christ isn't always easy.

I love what my precious friend, Ann, says "Disappointments turn into Divine appointments." Boy, I know God has turned many of my disappointments into Divine appointments. It is me, who turns into the impatient one, becoming all self centered. The only thing that matters is the betterment of his kingdom, and nothing about me!! It is not for our egos or for rank, but to see people's lives changed.

Sometimes a gentle reminder is needed on occasion....and as long as I am obedient to the reminder, it will all be okay. God is a big God, with big plans. I just cannot see them.....and that is what I struggle with. I like to drive from the passenger seat.....ask Lloyd:)

No comments: