Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Prayer Closet.....

Along the Road to Surrender, I have found myself in the most sacred place of all, the prayer closet. I love to know that I can go to a place, hide and spend time with the Lord. When the waves of life's storms hit or I am celebrating life's victories, I can hide in the cleft of the "rock" of the Almighty God. I can visit the secret place of the Most High, and he welcomes me. It is a necessary staple in a Christian's life to hide in him, and to seek his face.

To know that when my Savior died, the veil was torn, and I can enter in without reservation. I will be going about my day, and I can feel that tug in my heart "Come away with me"....he desires for me to be in his presence. I know that I can go in, and fall at his feet, and worship him. It is time for me to lavish my praises on him for all he has done in my life, and just to love him.
I go in with no agenda, but to worship and adore him. I have found myself in deeper worship because all the "cares" of life have been surrendered at his feet. It is much easier to worship freely when the weights are removed, and there is freedom.

A battle is being fought when I enter the prayer closet. I have spent time in prayer, and felt like every demon in hell was being battled against. I love to see in the spiritual world, and sometimes the Lord allows me to see a glimpse of what is being done in a place where my human eyes cannot see. As I pray, I know that I am not praying to a dead God, but one who is living, breathing, and is working on my behalf.

My prayer life has taken a pivotal turn in the past few months, I no longer go in belting out my requests, but I have found a place of solitude where I can just sit in his presence. I can cry to him and worship him. He is the one who knows my every move and heart's desire. He understands me because he created me. The relationship that is birthed through prayer is unimaginable, and I would not minimize the need of prayer....the need turns into a desire to be in his presence.

I have complete understanding of the hour in which we live. If God's people are going to do anything for him, then it is a necessity that we seek his face. WE must understand what he is calling us to do. We have to hunger for his presence and his power. He is a God of motion, we must keep moving and searching for his will. He wants nothing more than to breathe fresh life on the church world of today, but we must seek after him. We must become as one with him, so when he steps we step. He is the leader, and we are the followers. NO more empty demands from the church, but open vessels for him to use for HIS glory. NO more moving ahead when he hasn't given the okay to do so. NO more hidden selfish agendas.....It must be in unison......

No comments: