Thursday, April 16, 2009

Empty vessels....

I have really been seeking the Lord for direction for our lives. I have felt such a transition in my Spirit, and the theme of my heart is......My vessel is empty, Lord use me. I have poured all of "my" hopes and dreams on the altar, and I have surrendered it all. I don't think I have ever been this empty...Not empty in a negative sense, but empty of all things that prevent me from being who God has called me to be. I

It is such a liberating thing to know that I can completely empty myself on the altar, but it is not a total loss....it is complete victory. It use to be such a challenge,for me, to give my self over to the Lord, due to fear. I have always been one who has had to be in complete control because I had to be from day 1. I have been a survivor, and defended and protected myself. It is a wall that I have slowly let down, and instead of a survivor, I am a victor.........

The shift in my Spirit, feels like I finally have wings to fly. I have been in training for 8 years of ministry, and had many false starts. The freedom from the Lord has been so awesome the last several weeks, and the time I have been pondering in my heart has arrived. I had a running joke, that I am the "career ponderer"....Many questions at times..."When God? Where God? How God?".........I no longer have those questions....it doesn't matter. I am empty, and ready to be used for his glory, no matter how, when, where, what...I am all his, like clay in the potter's hand. I have spent time in this journey watching other "ministers" speed by, while I was being instructed to sit and wait. Many times I would question the Lord..." Why does it seem like they are moving ahead, I am called too..What about me? What am I doing wrong?"

As we sit on the horizon, of a possible life changing experience....I have no fear....if it is God, it is...If not, there will be a door. I no longer seek the opportunities, they seek me everyday that I am a child of God. I am upward focused, and all the things will be added as he sees fit. There is nothing like having the wind blow under your wings....such freedom... to be flying high...knowing that all things are taken care of, and what I get to do is worship and serve the Love of my life. What more could be greater? That in and of itself is freedom.......

No comments: