Monday, September 13, 2010

Just keeping swimming, just keep swimming!!!

I have often been reminded of the saying out of the Disney movie Finding Nemo....as Dori was trying to encourage Nemo's dad...keep going...Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Their ultimate goal was to get to Nemo, and whatever it took they were going to find him. The Lord opened this up in my Spirit. He lays promises ahead, and lets us know they are ours. We must keep focused, and keep pushing forward until we reach our destination . Just because God has given us a promise doesn't mean there won't be opposition. ON the contrary, it will be even more difficult because the enemy of our soul does NOT want us to obtain anything from the Lord, especially his perfect will.

I have something that the LORD promised to us, and is leading us to. I have not been prepared for the winds and storms that have tried to come against us. If anything, the Lord has taught me that anything worth having has to be contended for. I often thought, if the Lord promises this to us then it is easy breezy...LOL. I have learned otherwise. He is teaching me to be a warrior, he is teaching me to be like a linebacker...to push until my opponent is on the ground!!! I must not back up one inch or believe anything against what the Lord has promised. It takes a conscientious effort to be on guard at all times. I must be vigilant because the enemy seeks to steal our blessing, kill our spirit, and destroy anything the Lord has for us. It must be a constant mission to be on guard and stay focused on the prize which is set before us.

No comments: