Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Catch up time!!

Gosh, I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since I posted. I have had so much going on lately. It has definitely been a transition year, for sure. Trenton is in 5th grade, and Sarah is in 2nd. Trenton has had to really push himself this year, and well, I have been behind him pushing..lol. I have seen a glimpse of the "tween" years, and it is very "nice". I cannot believe he will be in middle school next year. I look at his face, and see that little round faced toddler who absolutely adored his Mommy. I hate it because as he gets older, I have to make sure he is going in the right direction. In that process, he becomes frustrated because he feels I don't understand him or I am against him. (Yes, this starts as early as 10). He is like an old man, trapped in a 10 year old's body. He understands and grasps so much, but doesn't quite know how to implement it. He has so much potential, and as his mother, I see so much. I have been assigned by the Lord to be the vehicle to drive him to his destiny. I can't do it for him, but my assignment is to do everything I can to equip him. I think, on somedays, it is much easier to slack. When I am sitting at the table for hours making sure his homework is done with "excellence", and not half-way, and I become weary at his lack of interest, it is at those times....I wonder, is this really going to pay off? I don't know why I second guess myself, or the Lord for that matter. If he has given me a mission, then he will equip me to complete it. The Lord is so faithful, and I know now why the Lord has given us kids. They are the instrument the Lord uses to drive us to our knees. Sarah is our 7 year old, and she is in 2nd grade. She is still in the innocent years, and I am enjoying it while it lasts. I pray for her daily that she will be used mightily for the Lord, as I do for Trenton.
I spent many years wondering what great "call" does the Lord have for me....Well, I may not be great at anything, but I do know that I will be the mother of Trenton and Sarah.

No comments: