Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh my Goodness!!

Whew the last few days have been a whirlwind!!! Having new puppy is so like having a baby. I have been up every 3 hrs through the night because he is still adjusting to his crate. We have not mastered going "pee" outside...so he likes to go pee anywhere, but we are trying. I don't let him down anywhere in the house because I am NOT a fan of pee or poo in my floor. It makes for a very long and tedious day. I do work full time, so I am going home as soon as I can to get him out of his crate, and we try to let him stay out the rest of the day unless I cannot watch him. He is sneaky and will pee in an instant..lol. He is such a ball of personality trying to figure out the world. Having a new life in our presence is such a gift. I don't forsee me going crazy and thinking he is a human, but we all love him so much already.
My husband has really really surprised me. He has been so anti-dog...NO NO NO was his answer, but you should see him now. ha ha. It is funny to see him loving on something he never wanted. It really hurt when we had to put our pomeranian, Katelyn, down March 1st. Our house had a nice break, but it felt lonely in a sense. Now we have all the dog we can handle. Oh well, It is just nice to have something "happy" for a change. I find joy in the Lord, and his presence is with me always. I thank him for his creatures that he created, and we promise him we will take good care of Max.
I often feel like our kids need to learn how to care for animals, it gives them responsibility....Right now, though...Max is all mine.. 10pm, 2am, 5am, and afternoon crate clean up....LOL.. It is fun and we have busier days ahead. We have tried to socialize him. I took him to Trenton's class yesterday, and they were all so gentle with him. I didn't let any of the kids hold him, but they were petting his back. We also took him to Trenton's game the other night...He just sat in my lap and slept.

No comments: