Monday, April 19, 2010

Makes a mother proud!!!





























I have to say yesterday was one of the greatest moments to witness thus far in my son, Trenton's, life. He was baptized last night in our evening service. I am proud of him because he made this decision on his own. I didn't even know he signed up to be baptized until a day later. We did see the announcement that the church was having a baptizing, and I did mention to him that if he was ready it was okay. I never said another word about it.

I believe, I can do so much for my children, but it stops at the cross. What I mean by this, is I cannot have salvation for him. I can lead him to the cross, pray for him, and be the example, but I cannot do it for him. Trenton has always been the type child that can understand "deep" things. He has always been the "little adult" in most areas of his life. Sometimes him knowing so much is NOT an asset.
I get a little nostalgic when these events happen. I can remember being married only a few short months, but my heart wanted a baby. I prayed, prayed, and prayed for a baby (Lloyd was not ready at all). I remember one day in prayer, the Lord spoke to me, He said "You are going to have a baby, it is going to be a boy, and he will be fine". I thought he meant that month, but boy was I surprised. It was 11 months later when I found out I was pregnant. I can remember the tears of joy that I had. I was the ripe old age of 20..lol. I had a lot of dreams, but not a lot of life experience. I can remember the day he was born, and really not knowing what to do with this crying child. I can remember the frustration and being overwhelmed at being a new mother.

Trenton has always been my child with a mind of his own. If I say black it is white to him. I think this quality can be good and bad. There is such a sweet side to him, he is very compassionate and thoughtful. The one thing lately that has really touched my heart, is that he has taken an interest in a little 4 year old boy who is being raised by his mother. His big sister is on my daughter's team, and Trenton has taken such an interest in being there for him. The other day I saw Trenton (10) giving this little guy a horsey back ride through the sand box, and it touched my heart to know that he would be interested in making sure that he was taken care of. A few days later, the little boy had a scrimmage game, and his mom came to our ballfield to have me look at what Trenton was doing. Trenton was out on the field with his little friend, during the game, showing him how to run the bases and catch the ball. His mom was very apologetic, and I was like NO, dont be. My heart bubbled with joy because my son knows what it means to be involved. It is the cutest thing to see, wherever Trenton is the little boy follows. Trenton told me that one of his friends asked him to take his little friend to his mother so they could play, and Trenton told him NO, that he has gotten him a snack, and he can sit right there with them. ( I hated in this paragraph using "little boy" because he is more than just a little boy, but for privacy reasons and the internet I used it as a generic term")
When we have our days, and Trenton likes to talk over me, and voice "his" opinion. He may do that and we may butt heads, but he is still a very precious and intelligent child that God has a huge plan for. I pray everyday for God to protect them, and take them to the place he would have them to GO.. Yay for my first born.

My little Sarah, is my 6 year old ray of sunshine. She has also been pure Joy since she was born. She knows what she wants and is settled into herself to go get it. She has a sweet spirit, but is very competitive. It is so funny to watch her on the ballfield. She gets mad at herself if she misses a ball, and if she strikes out you can see the frustration. We never have to say anything to her because she coaches herself. I have never seen a girl be so secure in herself,not over confident, but just comfortable in her own skin. I hope to the Lord she will be that way in puberty, but we will take this one day at a time. I am proud of her because she is on our expressive worship team at church, and is doing so well. She understands the importance of loving the Lord, and ministering for his glory.

My prayer is one of Thanksgiving to the Lord for allowing me to be a mother of 2 precious children. I no longer look to what I don't have, but to what I do