Sunday, July 25, 2010

Many adopted children!!!











Wow, has our life changed over the last year...Lloyd and I have just became the College and Young Adult ministers at our church. It is such a priviledge and honor to be in the service for the Lord. It has finally manifested itself...finally after 10 years of preparation, prayer, and growing up!!! I am humbled at God's majesty, grace, and love. His patience with me is hard to fathom. If I were my heavenly Father, I would have grown tired....lol.
I look at the task at hand to lead this great bunch of Young Adults, and it can be overwhelming. It would be easy to just march in there, teach a little, then leave. That would accomplish nothing. My prayer to the Lord, is to set this generation ablaze for him. I don't want them to be the statistic, but the overcomers of this generation. I hope that I will not fail as a leader, but will inspire them. I know that it can only be done when I put my hand in the Lord's, and I walk with him. It is exciting and then it is overwhelming at the same time. God is faithful and what we put in we will get out. The same applies to life. If we are faithful in the little things, God will trust and add to us, but who much is given, much is required. My goal is not numbers, but depth. I know as God begins to move, it will be an obvious thing to grow, but it will be by him and in his time.
It isn't about a title or status, but is about the souls involved. It isn't a name to carry, but a burden to bear. It is made up of seasons and loaded with adventure, but most of all it is about the one who sent us...Our Lord Jesus Christ. May my motives be pure and acceptable before him, as I accept the assignment......as minister/pastor/mentor/friend.....X-pansion 4:10...here we come...with the Lord by our side..

No comments: